Friday, October 2, 2009

Save money? Yes, please!

AAA members: LISTEN UP!

If you aren't saving money by using your card, you are missing out. I swear by it. Not only for the roadside assistance (and I have had to use their services before), but for all the great discounts when I shop!

I recently went on a little shopping excursion with my mom and sister (yes, we all believe in retail therapy) and stumbled into a New York & Company. Not a store I frequent often, but my sister was raving about a pair of great knit pants that wear well for travel. (By the way, those pants are perfect- and I can't find them online, but they are the City Knit Luxe. We snagged a deal of buy one, get one 50% off!) But I digress...

After we had successfully found the pants and a terrific fall ensemble for my mom, we went to pay, and I remembered: Wait! The AAA discount! We saved 25% just by showing the card! (Thanks to my old roommate, Katie, who swears by NY & Co. and the AAA discount, too!)

So, it got me thinking: Where else does this little card perform discount magic?

Here's what I found (and mind you, I have AAA for Southern New England):

Shopping (since this is what the blog is about- but there are entertainment, dining, lodging, travel and online savings, too!)
  • Banana Republic Factory Outlets
  • DIRECTV
  • The Gap Outlet
  • LensCrafters
  • New York & Company
  • Payless Shoe Source
  • Pearle Vision
  • Reebok Outlet Stores
  • Rockport Outlet Stores
  • Sears Optical
  • Sullivan Tire & Auto Service
  • The Red Sox Team Store
  • The UPS Store
  • USA Today
  • Wrentham Premium Outlets
I encourage you 1) to sign up for AAA if you haven't already and 2) investigate your local retail options where you could be saving as much as 25% off every time!

1 comment:

  1. awesome reminder! we always have AAA and we rarely think that the discount applies to so many places. awesome. Lisa

    ReplyDelete