Friday, October 23, 2009

Consumers Unite!

So picture it: It's the holidays. (Or your birthday, anniversary, etc. - you get the idea...a gift-giving occasion) And you hear the inevitable question, "What would you like for _____ holiday this year?"

I don't usually struggle with this question, mostly b/c at any given time I'm likely to have my eye on several items of clothing, accessories or trinkets that I'm loving.

But perhaps you can't think that quickly on your feet.

Perhaps you're one of those people who likes to only ask for what's really needed. (This is such a foreign concept to me, but I do know it exists.) But here's the trick- Can you always remember what it was that you wanted? Don't you ever so vaguely recall coming across some great "thing"...and well now, you can't remember where you saw it, what it was, or even if it's still available anymore. Shoot.

Solution: I stumbled across one of the coolest websites I have ever seen: TheThingsIWant.com
Here's the premise: You create your own wish list (sort of like registering for a wedding or a baby shower) and the site keeps all your cravings in one location.

So when the gift-giving time rolls around, you simply direct friends and family to your cyber stockpile and just like that....your every consumer wish has been shared.

And you'll never have to stumble over the question, "What would you like for your birthday this year, honey?" SCORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment