BUT, one assuring thing is that whenever I do arrive at my final destination, I have a well packed suitcase, complete with outfits that will make me feel good again!
I learned this trick from my mom (she's a rock star about it) whenever I pack: Choose 3 colors to coordinate your travel wardrobe and stick with it! For example, black, white and red (BWR): Bring any variety of clothing (dresses, pants, tops, accessories etc.) that use those colors, and you are assured of a coordinated outfit the whole trip! This way, you avoid bringing the black shoes, brown shoes, etc. that coordinate with just ONE outfit you bring. Instead, you maximize an item's wear, and you always know you have the pieces (with you) that look good together.
Here's a sample of what the BWR travel wardrobe might include (for a 2-3 day trip):
- Black pants
- White cotton button-down (wear the one with ruffles!)
- Red chunky beaded necklace
- Red flats (remember, Target has these!)
- Black wrap dress (jersey knit travels well, too)
- White jeans
- Black t-shirt (pima cotton for sure!)
- And for fun...bring that red patent leather purse!
O, Travel Gods, have mercy on us!