Thursday, September 3, 2009

Love those Brits

I almost hate to share this brand secret, but perhaps some of my readers are already familiar with Boden. It's a UK brand originally, but they have a catalogue and online ordering system for the States. And let me tell you, I LOVE BODEN! Their designs are classic and interesting, while practical and fun! Over the years, I've invested in a variety of their apparel: trench coat, fancy and casual tops, GREAT shoes, and many fun accessories. If you're looking for a piece that has some visual interest, I really encourage you to take a look at Boden and see what you find.

Ont thing to note: their sizing is by UK standards. So, until you get a sense of how you translate into their sizes, it may be a little challenging to find the right fit.

Another tip: make sure you do a google search for promotional codes before buying. They OFTEN have free shipping and 10% off (sometimes even weird numbers like 11% or 12% off!)- so it saves a little. Items can be on the pricey end, but well worth getting something "different."

My favorite fall items from Boden:
I hope that you enjoy this fairly undiscovered brand!

3 comments:

  1. Ria - is Boden the name of the UK store that just recently opened (in the last year) here in the US? I remember hearing about a UK store that, when it opened, there were tons of people waiting to get in and were so psyched to have it here in the US. Brit clothes are getting popular here in the US -- I welcome that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they even have "suggested outfits" and "weekend away" sections for those less fashionable than you, Maria. Good clothes, and helpful. I might find my way back here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Everyone is trying to be frugal with online coupons and I have benefited a lot from the saving codes. My favorite site is www.deals365.us

    ReplyDelete