Monday, October 18, 2010

Tame the Inner Animal


It's no big shocker that you're noticing animal prints EVERYWHERE in fashion. Belts. Shoes. Purses. Scarves. Wraps. Dresses. Vests. You name it, the animal print is out there.

I have always liked the idea of it, within reason. I bought my sister a very cute giraffe (brown and white) printed tote bag monogrammed with her initial last year from Lands' End. I stole from her an amazing pair of Ellen Tracy flats with leopard print and black beaded toe, which resulted in me purchasing her a replacement pair. My "go to" Target had a perfect leopard print wedge which she delightfully took for a swap.

My beloved St. John is also making a fortune on the leopard print ensemble. Here's a couple of my favorite pieces from the collection: I dig the vest as a signature piece, and check out the subtlety of the leopard bling on the back jean pockets! So chic!


I am also a bit fascinated by animal print making more of a statement in purses and wallets, too. There's something strangely powerful about carrying an animal print handbag, or better yet a wallet...it's like the inner animal is waiting to be released into the wild world of consumerism :)

No comments:

Post a Comment