Sunday, March 29, 2015

Get Your Glam Bag!

I can't take credit for this one- my sister got me started.  I don't pretend to be a big cosmetics girl.  After all, I do prefer buying clothes over a lipstick, but I feel compelled to share my thoughts on the monthly glam bag by Ipsy!

I'm sure you've seen several iterations of this idea:  pay a flat monthly fee, and you get a special package in the mail featuring new sample products from the cosmetic industry.  Birchbox is another one who sports this deal (for both men and women!).  You can find ones that are animal cruelty free, vegan, etc.  The options are pretty endless, and it's clear this idea has taken off!

So, I'll just share my Ipsy story- now that I'm two months into my glam bag and haven't been disappointed!  For $10 a month and free shipping, I get a personalized (I'll explain that in a moment) cosmetic bag (or as my friend A says it's her "satellite" for the "mothership") :)

The bags are honestly enough to keep me coming!
When you sign up, they take you through a short survey about your skin type/tone and preferences among cosmetics (I could care less about foundations, for example).  Once you select your preferred types of treats, then it's a surprise each month!  5 treasures that are selected with your preferences in mind that coordinate with your skin type/tone.

March Glam Bag!
Includes pur-lisse 4in 1 soy milk cleaner and makeup remover (personal fav)
Crown shadow/crease brush
LeeAnniEco 3 in 1 Revolution Light: toner serum and moisturizer in one
Pixi mineral duo eye shadow in Apricot Glow
NYX butter lipstick in Little Susie

I'm loving it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment