Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Rearranging Itch

While I've had a little more time on my hands this summer, I have been home working on projects that seem to always take the back burner throughout the year.  When I was a kid, I remember rearranging my bedroom and loving the fresh feel it gave to my space.  This summer, I got a new bed (I guess 10 years was long enough?) and I got the itch to rearrange!

I am big on looking at something special from my bed when I am falling asleep and waking up.  In my old apartment, it used to be my closet (are you surprised??) because clearly I love the items inside.  Here, it's now a collection of pictures or words that bring me comfort.

In my spare room, I literally just moved the furniture to different places.  I wanted to sit at my desk and look out the window instead of the wall.  And I wanted to create a little nook for me to read and put my feet up, so I pulled a chair and ottoman from my bedroom.  With a few creative geometry moves, it looks great now!

Before I did all this, I found a handy little online tool called Floorplanner.  It literally helps you create a floor plan of your home so you can drag and place items in new locations.  It's free and relatively easy to use (I watched the tutorial before I began!). And watch, you'll get the itch too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment