Monday, April 16, 2012

Dreaming of a White Wonderland

I have coveted the all white bed for years.  Something fresh and cool, crisp and rejuvenating about it.  My friend, K has kept an all white (and cream) bed for as long as I can remember.  When I went to visit her a few months ago, I was reminded of my interest in making the all white bed a reality!

This bedding from Pottery Barn began the inspiration for the challenge...The Hadley Ruched Duvet
But yikes...$160 for a duvet cover (not including the $40 shams)..and then there's the great embroidered pillow to add texture and interest for $50...
So, I had a decision to make: find the same look for less $$.  Enter Simply Shabby Chic from Target!  I mean this looks REALLY similar for 1/2 the price!  It looks amazing in person.
And then this great euro size pillow for texture and softness...

And THEN this adorable yo-yo pillow to add to the mix...
But wait- why spend an extra $25 when your mom can make the same design with a cuter accent (yes, those are white sequin in the middle- LOVE it!)

The finished product ROCKS!

1 comment: