Sunday, January 24, 2010

Love it to the Core

I realize the cold snap in the south creates some serious impact on our winter fruits, and yet- I'm hoping that the pineapple will survive! I don't particularly crave pineapple (sure, in a good fruit salad, I'm never one to turn it down), yet I have developed a new appreciation for them after I discovered the BEST little tool to de-core one!

In a magazine (and for the life of me, I cannot remember which one), I saw this fun little trinket of a tool to slice a pineapple. It looked thoroughly "gadget-y" and the price was very reasonable, so my own curiosity led me to take my little car over to the Chestnut Hill Mall and check it out!

Sur La Table (what a fantastic store to begin with) can be overwhelming. Finding anything specific in that store could take hours, but hey- that's what the employees are there for, right?! So, I put on my best southern charm, approached the clerk, and asked to find my most recent obsession: The Vacuvin Pineapple Slicer!So the next time you get a craving for the sweet goodness of a pineapple: you really should pick this little gadget up...it's fairly easy to use, and produces a great, clean slice. SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment