Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blame It On The Rain...yeah yeah!


Milli Vanilli anyone? Whatever happened to those posers??? A valuable song nonetheless...

I'd like to take a moment to blog about the value of owning a good umbrella.
Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain...I feel like we've had our fair share of this madness in New England lately. Last weekend when it literally was raining ice, I thought to myself, "Dangit- my umbrella is in my office!"

So, how many umbrellas have you owned that either broke, got lost, was torn, or my favorite: can't open!?!? Ugh, it's all happened to me. I argue with myself about whether I should invest in a designer umbrella (I must say that Burberry makes a freakin' adorable mini purse size one- I covet my mom's) or just keep buying the $10 ones at Target. Here's what I found:

If you don't keep track of your umbrellas- leave them places, forget them in restaurants, etc. Don't bother with spending more than $10 on one. But if you're able to keep track of yours, I think there's a couple good options.
  • GustBuster umbrellas are indestructible and not bad looking. I can't get over how strong they are!
  • Believe it or not: Totes rates as one of the best mid-level umbrellas around! They aren't as durable as higher quality ones, but I've been pleased with the designs, price, and longevity of the ones I have owned.
So, on those wet days (Cali residents, I hear the mudslides have been CRAZY- so clearly, rain has been an issue!) grab a good umbrella, and maybe your grey skys will turn blue soon! Otherwise, just blame it on the rain... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment