Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving isn't just about turkey, folks- it's about gathering people together in abundance and gratefulness. One could argue that the very nature of my blog is contrary to finding contentment in what you have; however, I've found that even in moments of gratitude for "what is"- there can be great joy in "what is to come..."

So how does one shop for abundance? joy? gratefulness? You don't. You cultivate it. You don't hit up your local mall and find it among the sale racks.

Yet, I've found that shopping creates moments of gratefulness for me...not just b/c I am acquiring some new great find on occasion, but b/c I'm often doing it with people I love. Just the other day, a spontaneous excursion with my friend, Crista, reminded me that my favorite past-time brings me together with people.

So, while my sister and I ponder whether to get up Friday morning at 4am just to "catch the action" of Black Friday sales, I recognize it's also time that I get to spend with her.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone- May your shopping outings bring you together with people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment